Friday, February 17, 2012

only love (of fashion) can break yr heart

I get that runway is fantasy, art, inspiration. It's not necessarily "Oh well, I would wear that exactly walking down the street one day!" nor do many designers intend it to be--there's room for that elsewhere. Spring and Fall couture collections are more decorative and embodying, like a house logo. But still, I like to look for wear-ability and fantasies that match my own aesthetic. Clothes that might be beautiful but to which I cannot relate fall flat for me in a sense. As much of an art you're making high fashion into, ultimately you are creating clothes for women so this shit still needs to be wearable. You're not doing carpets or portraits. That is all that I'm saying. Ready. to. wear.

And with that, you have perspective on my collection of favorites/inspirations from NYFW.

Band of Outsiders


BCBG


J Mendel



L'Wren Scott






Marchesa




Oscar de la Renta




Proenza Schouler





Sophie Theallet


[Photos via Vogue.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment